WORDS ON WEDNESDAY

Since this Friday is my birthday, I would like to take a moment to reflect on the past year. I read this today on Facebook - Sometimes life is all about perspective... "I'm not living the life I thought I would lead, but it does have meaning, purpose. There is love... there is joy... there is laughter." - Christopher Reeve. It really got me thinking about truly what a difference a year makes. A year ago today, I was packing my bags getting ready to go on a birthday trip, with my husband, to my favorite place in the world - New York City...






(All NYC photos by Lynda Quintero-Davids)

During that weekend trip, we attended the 50th Anniversary of the Guggenheim and I even had the opportunity to meet Kenneth Cole. A lot has changed in the past year, as I am sure it has for so many of us, and this is not exactly where I envisioned myself to be. But I sure have learned a tremendous amount of new ways of thinking and doing things (like social networking), I've met a wonderful new circle of people (literally from all over the world), and I've had the opportunity to connect & share my experience & expertise with so many more people (other than being contained within the same four walls everyday).







I'm still learning. I'm still growing. I'm still testing my own boundaries and developing my own personal style. And I am still meeting so many wonderful people along the way. So today I wanted to take a moment to thank you. Thank for being patient with me while I figure out this blog. Thank you for taking the time to read these posts, or to comment and even send me an email. And thank you for following the blog or my tweets and for friending me on facebook. I've loved and enjoyed reading, laughing, and learning about you as well... I also have loved...


Loving New York...

Loving my husband...

Loving my mom...

Loving Sephora...

Loving bloggers...

Loving facebookers...

Love being myself & being creative...


This past year has not only been en-lighting path to
 discovering myself - but creating my 'self.'
Who knows what the next year or future holds...
but all we can do is remember this:

In a world where you can be anything -be YOURSELF.

Thank you




5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday for Friday Lynda and may the coming year bring many new blessings in your life. SAx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill and Sally!! :) And thanks for stopping by FP!

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think in life most people forget to be themselves. But seek ways to be like others therefore putting emphasis on being like him or her rather than themselves.

    I think when it comes down to reflection, we should all appreciate what we have, do what we want and decided to do it better than we ever did.

    As we keep growing year by year. We should never stop living and continue to leave behind bad habits that can kill us.

    Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Early Birthday Lynda....we sure have a lot of greatness in August....my hubby, my son, now you:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails