A FORM OF INSPIRATION


Over on houzz.com this week, Susan (author of Between Naps On The Porch)  featured an ideabook called "Decorating With Dress Forms". It was interesting to see the uses and places people have incorporated display forms into their home. I too have a dress form, now tucked in the corner of the office. I love seeing it every time I walk into the space - but I especially love the way it looks at night, with only an up light highlighting it in the corner. My form (a Ralph Lauren - American Living form) is very symbolic of my twenty-five years I worked display in the retail industry. Currently, it is simply adorned with two of my symbolic accessory items: my SATC Carrie rose and my signature walkthru pearls...






I use to have another form, back in my old apartment. It was draped in a wooden beads and turquoise stone collection. I parted with it when I moved out about seven or so years ago. This one now is the perfect homage and latest addition to the office (blogging think tank). I may even include some of these B&W shots in the office. I'm looking forward to putting it to use to give examples of applying a wardrobe to a space. Here's a tip if you're longing to have a form of your own: Just walk into your freindly neighborhood department store (for example JC Penney or even Macy's). Ask to speak with the Visual Manager at the establishment, and simply ask if they have an extra display form you could have. They are usually looking to keep their workshops clutter free, and in some cases, many stores now-a-days haven't hired the man-power to maintain all the forms - so they are sure to have a few extras they can part with...







It felt good to get back to blogging the week (after taking off last week). Thanks for hangin' in there during my absence, and thanks to the new followers as well! Have a wonderful weekend with your fall chores, DIY projects, shopping, thrifting and decorating... See you back on the blog on Monday.

Although this is a small vignette, be sure to visit Artie's
COLOR OUTSIDE THE LINES


VIGNETTE FRIDAY
To see many beautiful vignettes... including his own...
Ironically, I spotted this post from the party... Be sure to check out more vignettes from this lovely blog
~ MICHELLA MARIE ~

Michella Marie

Michella Marie

Michella Marie

And another party at My Romantic Home for


Happy Weekend!!


5 comments:

  1. I love your dress form. I have one that is a filagree pattern made out of metal. I put different ribbons around it depending on my color mood. I just love walking into my guest room and enjoy how it takes on different look depending on the time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great Deb! Thanks for sharing :)

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda...I love your wonderful ideas for displaying your dress form. Your photos are wonderful and dreamy. What a neat and interesting career you have had! Enjoyed this post so much! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Susan! And THX for becoming my newest follower xo!!

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lynda! Thanks so much for linking up with my Vignette Fridays post! I love this post, and thanks for taking a peak at the new layout, WHICH YOU INSPIRED BTW!!!, I finally took the plunge and just tried it and it worked! I think. Of course, I have things to add ... but it'll be changing randomly anyway ... I'm just glad to have the side by side sidebar! :) You're the best, thanks so much for checking out and keeping in touch! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails