September...


I know we're all happy and giddy preparing our homes for fall - and I don't want to be a debbie-downer, but please remember to take a moment sometime Saturday morning, and reflect back on nine years ago and remember September 11th - I feel like so many have forgotten. If you scroll down towards the bottom of the blog, you'll find I posted some slideshows of my photos I've taken through the past nine years visiting NYC, Ground Zero and the Pentagon Memorial...

I'll be posting more of my photos and sharing some stories later today, along with some links to stories and sites. Call it therapy... but I still have trouble believing what happened - happened... I was in school at the time period, ironically in a building codes class - and just as I utilized my final presentation in the class with a dedication to the Twins, I guess this year having the blog is yet another means to creatively express the love, the fear, and the memories of that day...

Thank you and God bless...


5 comments:

  1. I definitely haven't forgotten. Watching the second tower come down is vividly etched in my mind. It was a very sad day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was teaching and we had the tv on for morning care kids...I watched it happen and stood in horror. My brother in law was in the city and we didnt hear from him until late that night and he made it home by a ferry somehow with other strangers. I watch every year the tribute and listen to the names and the bells ring. Its sad but a grave reminder of the danger we face. My husband has been home from Iraq now over 1 year and I cant believe we are still in this mess. Lynda thanks for keeping it REAL for those of us who will always remember the chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not forgotten and most certainly will be making sure those around me do not forget either. You're correct in thinking many have forgotten but it's not the day or events they've forgotten. They've forgotten what they felt on 9/11. I will never forget that fear or what I was doing or the days afterwards.

    Blessings to you and yours,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by to share your thoughts Shanna, Pam and Jersey Lucky7... most importantly thank for not forgetting September 11th - what happened as well as what we felt that day...

    I know I'll never forget standing in the middle of the sports departmentat the store watching the tower burn AND FALL before my very eyes (on a movie-screen-sized TV) ... and the kindness of a stranger who walked up to me, held my shoulders, kissed my forhead and said, "if it hurts, don't look"... and all I could keep saying was "Those people... my God... all those people..."

    From that night on, I wouldn't sleep in bed - I slept on my couch in my apartment - for probably over a year because I wanted to be near the front door incase I needed to get out...

    Blessings to you...
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda, I was so moved by this post. Your pictures and story are just wonderfully done. I just put a link to this post on my blog. I think everyone should see it. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails