4.26.2011

PLAYTIME & POLAROIDS IN KEY LARGO

About two weeks ago, I had gone on a two day mini-vacay with a girlfriend of mine - Rebeca. She had invited me to come with her and stay at her dads place in Key Largo. Needing a break, and wanting to spend some girl time together with a friend, I said yes. We drove down at night, from her place on South Beach, and we were able to miss all the traffic (yippy!!) When I woke up the next day, the house was still asleep, so I made a pot of coffee (mistakenly with espresso lol) and sat out on the canal by the boats. It was so peaceful. When I came back, I edited the pics and played with some polaroid frames while over on Picnik...












While we were down there, we hit some shops, like a cute vintage shop called The Pink Junktique. It was anything but junk, and I'll share more pics Thursday, but here's a few...











Although we went to Shell World, I spotted an unexpected find while we were in a CVS getting my Coke and Beck an Arizona Tea - a fantastic beaded shell necklace. What made it so fantastic is its length and possibilities.




Since I wasn't driving, I was able to take in all the visual stimuli of the different surroundings. One thing I spotted, literally from the corner of my eye, was a lonely Largo chair on the side of the road. It made for some really cool photos. I'll share more later, but here's a two for now...

 


 
We also went to a local beach to catch up on some Vitamin D from Mr. Sun...


 




Hope you just enJOYed a little mini-vacay of your own...




Have a GREAT day!



6 comments:

  1. Chair looks like it has vertebrae, kinda cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds like you had a ton of FUN!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like SO much fun! I love that boat sign! I might have tried to steal it if I were you ;) My husband and I are going away soon and youve gotten me all excited for a vacation! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks GooseVintage, Linda and Erin!! It was a nice break - if even for only two days! xo

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you really had a blast. I love the Keys. It's been years since I've been down there, but we used to visit a good bit in the years after we got out of grad school/law school. And that shop looks fabulous.

    Is that your cute dog??? I love him!

    Glad you had such fun.

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos. I've never been to the Keys...such a gorgeous place. Thanks for stopping by my post. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails