ROYAL WEDDING - SHARING MY OWN PHOTOS

Yes - there are several places to capture royal wedding photos: the Internet, blogs, newspapers, upcoming magazine covers, and flickr photo groups. But I wanted to capture my own. And since I couldn't just hop on my personal jet yesterday and fly across the pond, I did the next best thing: I utilized the fantastic media coverage (from NBC's Today Show) on my digital tv to capture some of my own photos (100 to be exact - posted over on flickr). When I think back of my mom and I watching Lady Diana's wedding to Prince Charles in 1981 - on the big black box sitting on my moms sewing machine piece in our first FL home - I can't help but think - WOW! we've come a long way...


The beautiful Bride...

First glimpse of the bride...

Bride with her father...

Thinking - WOW! What am I about to do?

Stunning ariel views - thanks to the magnificent camera & lighting set up by the press...

The trees made the space even more dramatic...

Prince to Kate, "You look lovely. You look beautiful."

The newlywed Prince & Princess...

Inside the nave...


I got the idea to do it from remembering that my father did the same thing back in 1968 - he snapped shots with his Yashica camera of tv images from the men landing on the moon. Decades later, tv's and cameras have come a LONG way, and I'm happy with what I was able to capture... and it wasn't even with a fancy camera - just my cell phone. After loading the snapshots to flickr, I chose some of the better images to crop & edit. I added some effects, like vignette, fancy focus and focal soften.


TV image

Cropped image and changed temperature of color
(not as saturated)

Removed color (in "edit" - not just effect B&W)

Original TV image.

Cropped...

Changed temperature...


Removed color, and added fancy focus.


I made some of the tv images into collages, and used a Union Jack flag that simply said Royal Wedding, I had found on Google on Wednesday nite - when I was gathering images for the "Symbol Of Unity" post I did yesterday...


Unedited TV images made for interesting collages.


LOVE the look of the classic B&W paired with the colorful Union Jack.


Precious moments...


The spacing and composition of the image called for some added text... something my dad couldn't of done with in photos back in '68...


I kinda like this shot more than the kiss ... anticipating "The Kiss"...

Cropped and added vignette effect.

Removed color, added soft focus effect and font.


My favorite shot...

One of my fave shots (besides the kiss) though has to be of Kate stepping out of the carriage, with William there to take her hand, and some of her beautiful gown left behind in the carriage...



 




What did you do for the wedding? Did you get up early? Did you stay up all night? Did you set a pretty table and have a viewing party? Did you go somewhere to view? Or did you just say phooey - and just go about your day giving it no attention? IMO - with all the horrible events happening in the world lately, as well as horrible reality tv shows littering the airways, I enjoyed watching something filled with happiness, joy, hope and love...




Have a lovely weekend!

5 comments:

  1. It's so nice to see a young man be so courteous - although he clearly was trained since day 1 to be so. They make a beautiful couple, no question. I got up early and had scones and coffee using the good china and silver. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment made me smile!
    Thanks for sharing your experience!

    xo Cheers!
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great snapshots of the wedding and ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post and I love some of your edits you did! We got up early and the whole family watched. You can see it at my blog! It was absolutely perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute post! I love the edits you did. I just can't get enough of the wedding photos. She was SO beautiful and it was such a regal occasion.

    Definately a feel good event!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails