MIXED EMOTIONS MONDAY

WOW! What a weekend! From the blissful portrayal of love, happiness and hope of the Royal Wedding on Friday, to despair and repair needed after tornadoes relentlessly tearing through towns such as Tuscaloosa, Alabama... to last nights capture? No - killing of Osama Bin Laden. I'm not going to get all political and I most certainly don't want to rain on any one's parade - but that last bit of news has me a little skeptical.


NYC - AUGUST 2001

Of course, I wanted the jerk-off to be captured and YES - killed for masterminding the 911 attacks on our UNITED States, New York City, people of our country and the world, and for destroying a modern marvel... but my skepticism stems from this: WHY NOW? Is it ironic that it's the tenth anniversary of the attacks? Is it ironic that General Petraeus (or is it Betray Us?) has just retired Saturday and is no longer leading the war? Is it ironic the unsettling fighting recently occurring over the "oil-lands" in Lybia and now Gadhafi's son dies?? And what about Osama's body? A large part of why we even go through the trauma of a funeral service for is for CLOSURE. I know when I saw my father laying in his casket, I thought he was asleep. I thought, "Ok, any second now he's going to wake up!" It wasn't until I touch his cold, hardened hand that the realization sunk in - he's gone... he's REALLY gone.

WTC Memorial Wall - One Year Anniversary - September 2002


NO. I'm not saying I want to attend OBL's funeral and touch OBL's hand. But I sure would rather have seen him EXECUTED publicly to know FOR SURE - without any reasonable DOUBT - that that mother f***er is DEAD!

I know. I'm Christian. Hammurabi's Law of  "An eye for eye" is the wrong way to think... but even now, as I am finally starting to cry while typing this, I can't stop to think about all those people who perished that day from his command. I believe in GOD. I believe in Jesus Christ - even though - I have never seen either. But with them, there is a TRUST. Sorry, but trusting our government and the media to tell me the truth? (SMH) As much as I want to believe it, I am having a hard time doing so. And even with Osama gone, it doesn't take away the threat of terrorism. If anything, it just increased it...



NYC - AUGUST 2001

NYC - DECEMBER 2001


Something else I feel has been increased is our (the USA) need for a light at the end of the dark tunnel and downward spiral our country has been going through. Look what happened already: Stocks went up the moment the news was let out that he was killed. Isn't this all just a false sense of security?


Tweetpic - May 1, 2011 - Ground Zero


Even Obama's ratings have been going down, because we saw that he couldn't bring about the CHANGE we (voted for) hoped, expected, and believed him to accomplish. Now all of a sudden - he's a man of his word and a hero for taking down Osama? (Sounds like marketing for re-election if you ask me). Before you get pissy with me - I VOTED FOR OBAMA. I am a Democrat. I'm Democrat because I feel I represent Middle America. I'm not terribly wealthy, but I was living comfortably, working loyaly for a company for the past sixteen years. I not only became a statistic (first time home-buyer in 2006, the loss of a job in 2009, collecting unemployment & job searching in 2010), I want my own buisness and have fears of it, and I also live life on a budget - I don't have millions stashed away to go on lavish trips, have a McMansion, and shop for Jimmy Choos - I make do and make the best of with what I have, and have learned to share my experiences with you - b/c as bad as I might have momentarily thought it was here for me, there is always someone else out there that can benefit from my experiments or experiences and make them their own.

I want to believe... that something good will come from all of this. But right now, I'm having a hard time doing so. I did run outside last night and put up about six American flags in the front of our townhome, for the PRIDE I have as an American. But I'm not jumping for joy and cracking open the champagne to toast a bastard who now got coincidentally dumped at sea.

One thing I do know for sure...
"I AM proud to be an American, where at least I KNOW I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me. And I'd gladly stand up, next to you and defend her still today... because there ain't no doubt I love this land... GOD BLESS THE USA!"


And that's what is also so great about the USA...
FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

If I offended you - Well - you have the freedom to choose
to leave and read another blog. But this is my blog and I have the freedom to choose to express myslef this way... today... because who knows what tomorrow will bring. (a VERY hard lessoned learned from 911)

Take care and God Bless...
"In a world where you can be anything - Be Yourself."



9 comments:

  1. A decade-long search for an international terrorist ends with his body dumped at sea with no documentation provided and news breaking almost a week later?!?! Seriously?
    Over 6,000 heroes have died to protect our freedom and thousands more have served. Adding the almost 3,000 who died on September 11th. My heart goes out to those who have suffered personal loss because of this evil.
    It is insulting to say that this is justice! It is even more disgusting to make this into a political gain. Too many have paid the ultimate price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see - I'm not the only skeptic.
    Thanks for your input Saneth!

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You aren't the only one who believes what you wrote. Most everyone I spoke to at work today said the exact same thing. And I'm in total agreement, as well. I have as much trust in the government as I do my boyfriend from college. I'm glad you said it publicly, as many don't have the nerve to do so. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe he is dead and I understand the reason for not having a funeral and making a hero out of him or having a place that his followers could make into a shrine. I think the fact that they say there was DNA evidence helps make the point. I feel if they were going to make this up, they would have done it sooner. I do think it opens us up to more problems to come, but for those that lost loved ones...this must be a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you wholeheartedly and would have liked to have seen a body myself, but I do understand the reasons behind dumping him at sea. Actually it is a very great way show his followers that he was literally dumped. There is no need to give his people a place to flock to and cause problems. We learned a lot about that while living in Germany. Anything dealing with Hitler was pretty much buried or destroyed so as not to make it a Mecca for the neonazi party. With all that said, I agree with you completely in that we are putting a lot of faith in someone who doesn't seem to have kept his promises to us. You hit the nail on the head with "re-election"! We should see all the stimulus money he has been hoarding soon to just remind us of how good he has been. Oh my... Thank you for sharing this post. Being an American is an honor and I am proud to be an American!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The more I think about it, the more disturbed I get about the entire situation. I definitely think this is giving a lot of people a false sense of security. Another question I have is what does the DNA really proof?

    For those who have lost loved ones, I think the joy will be short lived. They will all have more questions tomorrow. This is certainly not justice!

    Thanks for sharing Lynda, you have gained my admiration for standing up for what is right not just popular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems odd; remove a threat; celebrate a killing-
    last Sunday was Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynda: agreed and well said!!
    And Judy, you are right, remove a threat, celebrate a killing?? I remember the disgust that we had when they celebrated overseas the death of Americans after the 9/11 attack. And now there are Americans doing the same thing that we despised those people for. The snake's head was cut off but the rest of the body still slithers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Until proven otherwise, I am going to believe that the person killed was OBL. However, since we are blessed to live in a country with freedom of speech, there will be folks who will question whether or not OBL is dead. And then more people will jump on that bandwagon and before you know it, there's a conspiracy theory. Remember the birthers?

    I wholeheartedly agree with you about folks celebrating OBL's death. This is not a time for celebration and to do so makes us no better than those who planned the 9/11 attack. Irrespective of OBL's death, terrorism will continue, as it has for centuries. The best we can do is live our life well, as best as we can. Remember to stay in contact with friends and family often, treat people we meet with respect for life is short and fleeting.

    Michi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails