The End of An Era: Dick Clark says "So long"

Even when you know death is inevitable and just around the corner, it's still a sad experience when it happens. Like many of American's, I too was saddened to hear of the passing of Dick Clark. The first time I can recall hearing about him was from all the New Year's Rockin' Eve parties my parents had in our basement - back in the 70's while livin' in New Jersey. I was in my room during those parties, but my small B&W tv (lol) was not. They would take it downstairs and sit it on the bar every year. As I grew older, I could remember watching the $20,000 Pyramid and then the $100,000 Pyramid... But my fave show of Dick Clark's to watch had to be American Bandstand!




Madonna today posted the video of her on American Bandstand and these words...
"Even though I told him in 1984 that I wanted to rule the world, it’s Dick Clark who ruled the world. He loved what he did and his energy and enthusiasm were boundless. A great man. I bow to his memory and everything he did with his life." - Madonna




Link to video here.



New Year's Eve just won't be the same... I only wish I could have made it to Time Square one time to experience it with him there. Blessings and prayers to his family, friends and fans.

What are your memories of this legend: Dick Clark?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails