SET ADRIFT FOR SUMMER

As with many of you, I'm in the process of getting inspired for SUMMER! For starters this year, I found a beautiful image and inspiration from island girl India Hicks - along with some tips she shares at India Hicks - Guide To Summer. The image reminded me of some of the images I've captured during some of our trips in South Florida: to the West Coast, to Key West, to Key Largo and even to up north in St. Augustine. This year, as I transition from spring to summer, I'm inspired more and more by coastal island style. It's definitely more in sync with the tropical place I live in, as well as the nearby islands of the Caribbean and the Bahamas. Here's some of my inspirations for summer...

India Hicks - Island Girl Style.
Turquoise blue water of a recent visit to nearby Hollywood Beach.
Images of driftwood I captured on the West Coast on Marco Island.

Turquoise blue water of Hollywood Beach.
Various shades of blue in home textiles I have, like this throw.
Target's Calypso ad is a wonderful inspiration.

The green & turquoise of the Calypso glasses.
Shades of turquoise and prints from my summer maxi dresses.
A previous coastal tablescape I set last year.
Turquoise blue of water in the Keys, paired with white.

Images of Mediterranea homes from my Casa Mediterranea book.
Clippings I've collected from various shelter magazines.
The displaying collections of natural elements I've collected from our trips.
Mixing and layering patterns and woven textiles.

Experimenting with blue and lime combinations, as well as a paint finish on the wall.

Ombre colors of skirt could work to transition the wall from a solid green...

Maintaining hints of green in the dining space will relate to the green
in the living room, with another inspirational image
 I spotted of India Hicks.


But like a rubber band, I usually snap back to being
passionate of being surrounded with
turquoise blues in the summer...

India Hicks with her family in the Bahamas.

India Hicks in the Bahamas.

My image from the West Coast.

Although it was overcast the day I shot this, editing its saturation over on Picnik
helped intensify the turquoise blue water...

I've always wanted to enlarge this and frame it...
Maybe this year I will.

LOVE the organic texture...

What inspires you for Summer?




5 comments:

  1. The blues and greens of the ocean always inspire me and for summer they are perfect cool colors to use inside and out. I use blues and greens in my backyard that is a sunny spot to give a cooler look. I love looking at all the above images, very inspiring, Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Am sharing on our fb page too -

    Caron

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely all over the blues and greens this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so hooked on driftwood! The pictures are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails