For Collectibles: Check out Cooper City Antiques

Big box retailers and thrift shops aren't the only place to hunt for collectibles or furnishings for your home. You can also find great deals, steals and treasures at a local antiques mall. One such mall is not even 15 minutes away from me called The Cooper City Antiques Mall. I didn't even realize it was there until I was invited to come visit be its amazing owner, Claudia Cayne. We met up recently and she took me on a tour while sharing stories of her finds, and the dealers & owners of the pieces in her space, she recently opened just this past December...









Even if you're just shopping around for ideas, or maybe seeking a vintage piece to restore, or some classic lines to redux in a modern finish, definitely check them out. They carry a various selection of goods from furniture and collectibles to jewelry and even some vintage apparel. And you never know who also may be popping into shop - as Nate Berkus just recently paid them a visit...







 
Claudia also started a local "Antique / Vintage / Thrift" enthusiast group that basically meets up monthly. They meet not only at her shop, but at other antique, vintage and thrift shops around the South Florida area. She mentioned one of the people in the group is actually an art appraiser, so it can be a wonderful learning experience. I'm hoping to join the meet up next month. You can learn more about it at Broward Antiques, Vintage, and Funky Junk Lovers.

If you're in town, stop by the antiques mall and say HI! to Claudia
and take a look around...



9800 Griffin Road
Cooper City, FL 33332
954-252-0788 ** 954-252-0788

Open 7 Days
Monday thru Saturday 10am to 6pm
Sunday 12pm to 5pm

And thanks for stopping by
FOCAL POINT!









6 comments:

  1. say hello to your new follower. love your blog. love the style, the ideas and the creativity. i so will be back. thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo wish I was closer! I could do some serious damage to the budget there. :) Thanks for sharing, L!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I will check this place out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pleasant surprise. You are amazing! As I read the heading I had no idea you had been back in the store. Thank you for the beautiful writeup. When I got involved in the antique mall in December I had no idea what amazing people I would come in contact with. I know my partner Dodie put the building blocks up to build a solid reputation and to advertise the business for years. But, I must say that word of mouth from bloggers and professionals such as your self are the best form of advertisements. I can't thank you enough for recommending us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy visiting them and talking to Claudia. She's fantastic! Great write-up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone and glad you enjoyed the tour! And special thanks to Claudia for stopping by and leaving such an amazing comment!! I greatly appreciate it and appreciated meeting you too!

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails