AROUND TOWN: A Walk in Old Scottsdale

Saturday afternoon, the hubs and I took a drive up to Old Scottsdale. I don't think we got to take it all in, but we did walk around shops, galleries and restaurants in an area called fifth avenue (and guess where my mind went when I saw that!!) I'd like to go back in the evening during an Art Walk. We saw both new modern structures with charming old architecture, WATER (from the Arizona Canal), met a few shop owners - eager to share stories of the area, plus they even a bit of its history. One lady even gave us some real estate tips to move out of Gilbert to Scottsdale... Another owners father slipped an A-MAZING turquoise ring on my finger because he saw the large ring I was wearing. We saw vintage Navajo jewelry (from the 1920's & 1930's) and I learned that some of the colors in vintage Navajo textiles were actually created from crushed bugs!! (I so want to learn more about this!) Here's some of what we saw....








 






















I told Jeff, the area reminded me of Las Olas in Ft. Lauderdale, Thrid Avenue in Naples (FL), Coconut Grove (FL) ... And when the occasional golf cart of people drinking went by, it reminded me of Duval Street in Key West. Hope you've enjoyed your weekend!

Thanks for stopping by!






1 comment:

  1. Looks so beautiful! I've been meaning to take a trip out to Scottsdale!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails