This Monday Is For the Birds



A little birdie told me, the Twitter craze has seemed to have crept into decoration. While I was visiting my local Marshalls Homegoods the other day, I couldn't help but notice all the references to birds and nests for spring, especially in their dinnerware department. It reminded me of what I had also just seen in the latest issue of the Farm Style Pottery Barn catalog... so I looked around online in other stores, and sure enough, I found several decor motifs related to nesting:

























Even found a different wall display for a birdcage while visiting houzz.com:



Birdcages used on wall (left) over B&W photos




Birdcages mounted together on wall as a collection



Another places to visit online with nesting references would be Val's PERCH




I'm sure the birds that flew south for the winter are wondering what's going on down here in Florida this morning... it's chilly, as is wherever you are, I'm sure. Hopefully these accents are some visions of warmth to look forward to as we all hibernate until spring... Stay warm.

9 comments:

  1. As you know...I am a HUGE fan of the "nest" motif! Thanks for posting! If I could possibly sneak one more "bird" or nest" item into my house without my DH blowing a gasket...I would buy them ALL! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly! I've always seen lovely bird, nest, and birdcage motifs on home decor items, but there has definitely been an explosion of these motifs recently! Good for me - I've always loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore anything with birds involved. I especially love the cages. Hope you had a wonderful New Year. Look forward to seeing more of your blog in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (design)birds of a feather flock together! thanks for stopping by to post ladies! glad you're enJOYing the post!!

    considering i mostly love modern, i do think these are adorable!

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out for perch. We have so many cute bird things! I'll be sure to show the owner Caroline this post.
    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I prefer a more contemporary theme, the bird cages are adorable and the sparrows are a cute addition for a porch or deck. Hopefully the theme of those awful roosters that were sprouting all over the RMS site a couple of years ago goes away forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ROOSTERS AND VERTICLE BLINDS BE GONE!!!
    I agree Nazz!! I too am more modern, but I am drawn to this motif... I did an Easter tablescape about 3 yrs. ago with them, and will bring back this year, but REfreshed!

    Glad ya liked it Val!!! :D How could I think of birds and NOT think of PERCH?!?!!! (and NEST INTERIORS, but site had trouble linking up)

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these beautiful examples of bird motifs, the pillows are wonderful!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails