BRANCHING OUT INTO FALL


Yesterday I packed up and put away the displays of summer. Although I haven't brought down any autumn treasures, I was able to start some new vignettes with one of me favorite items to use for fall and winter: branches. And the best part? They were FREE - On Monday I spotted a HUGE pile of tree trimmings, and soon after, Jeff and I were at the pile loading what seemed to be a tree into the truck. You can read about at Tips On Branching Out and here are some of the vignettes I'm sharing over at Artie's Vignette Friday's link party!



The main branch Jeff wanted to pitch - heavens no!! I envisioned here for he buffet or a centerpiece for the dining table... I'd like to torch the tips to take away the 'fresh cuts' and maintain an organic look...


The acorn I found at Goodwill for only $3, and I like it with my $5 thrift lamp...

I'm really tired of this mirror looking this way here (not to mention I'm had it since about '98), so I'm wanting to affix a starburst around the perimeter of the mirror - using skewer sticks and painting them gold. This will give it a new look, plus pick up on the mixing metals trend from fashion (Gunmetal & Gold) That's another project for another day...

LOVE the silhouette of the branches...

Switched white pillow covers on chairs to gray... and found that great tri-colored oversized basket bowl at Ross a few weeks ago for only $7...

I switched out white sheers for black sheers and charcoal linen panels - but it doesn't feel like it has enough weight in the room. Since the black sheers look almost smokey anyway, I'm probably going to replace the charcoal linen panels for chocolate velvet, (which will relate better to the living room)


The stairway is work in progress - but at least the turquoise from summer is gone...


Used another oversized branch on the TV unit, but didn't care for this pairing with the frame - LOVE the frame ($3 find while thrifting) but it's dwarfed on this wall...

Brought out the numbers panel (I had used last year in the dining room). It's size works better on the wall, and the colors work with the books and decor on the shelves... After removing the shells from these containers, I resued them to make small tea light holders more significant in size and presence..



Containers are now filled with corks I've been collecting FOR YEARS...
Yes - I like wine :)

The assembly line on the workbench of putting summer goodies away... although I do like to use coral year round - so I'll try to work it in elsewhere (it works well with the lines of the branches)

I like to just pour the shells & sand into ziplock bags, that way it's already pre-measured for next year.


Farewell Summer!
Time to branch out to fall... (this is just the beginning - haven't gotten the Fall & Halloween decor down from the attic -
yet - "Oh sweetieeeee......")

More about the adventures in curb mining (for the branches) in an upcoming post (Tips On Branching Out)... Have Happy Friday and don't forget to check out Artie's link party over at Color Outside the Lines!


and also linking to
Between Naps On The Porch

Skip To My Lou

Under The Table and Dreaming

A Stroll Through Life


Be sure to check out so many WONDERFUL projects and ideas at these parties!!



12 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! Every last detail is so beautiful!!! BEAUTIFUL! I've been thinking about adding two small "dead" trees outside of my front door for fall ... I know it sounds weird, but I think i can make it work! LOL! :) This is certainly inspiring, and that's what Vignette Fridays is all about! :) Thank you so much for participating this week! I hope to see you next week, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun to watch your 'design brain' in action. Thanks for sharing the progression of your charming conversion to fall motifs. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Lynda! Im in NJ and your in Miami.....how the heck did you find those huge branches! I sent my 11 yr old son around the corner to the park and waterfront area to find branches and he comes home with little twigs! Of course I love that he found them and I use them but I want some big branches too. So jealous....love that we are on the same page. Except Im so slow in taking pics and posting. The baby isnt following the blogging schedule. lol Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so organized! Love the changes! I really love the black shelves near the stairway. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you decorated with the branches. Very clever. I think I'll have to find some of my own now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lynda,


    You know I was wondering if you ever hasd get togethers. With your level of organization I know you could be the perfect party lanner.

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the branches are wonderful and love the shelves. Thank you.

    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the brqanches and LOVE the stairway! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this concept! The branches are so simple yet stunning! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Sonya, Pinky, Yvonne, Rashon, Marlis, Pam, Cherry, Artie - and especially New Jersey's Lucky 7!!! Glad you liked it :) I don't know what it is about branches - but I love them and their versitility!

    :D Thanks for stopping by!
    Hope your having a great long weekend filled with fun fall projects!

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks so pretty! I especially love those large branches!! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love the branches. Very inspiring as well as all of your vignettes. Great storage ideas for your shells!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails