Navigating #HPMKT + Showroom Shout-outs!

I am over the moon excited to finally be attending High Point Market! After following from afar, via social media shares on Facebook and Twitter for the past three years (and blogging about it too!) I'll finally get to share my own experience with you. And what better way to kick off my first High Point Market, than to be invited to be a sponsored blogger for the event! Being a sponsored blogger means I've been selected to tour and write about two specific showrooms from #HPMKT- One of which I blogged about last Fall for Hadley Court called John-Richard Collection, and one that is new to me called Huntington House Furniture. 


You can see more fashion pairings at Hadley Court, here. Hadley Court is a Style Spotter this year for #HPMKT so I'm also very excited for her (Leslie Hendrix Wood)! Read how to follow the Style Spotters in my post at Hadley Court. In the meantime, you can see some of my favorite pieces for the J.R. Collection on Pinterest here.


Both showrooms I'm sure each will attract many market attendees, from two different sets of lifestyle designers and buyers. The John-Richard Collection is focused on fashion forward + luxury furniture design, while Huntington House Furniture prides itself on American craftsmanship and furniture design solutions to meet your needs.




I'll be writing more later, but for now, you can see some of my favorite pieces from Huntington House on Pinterest here. Monday I'll be touring their showroom!

While I've scheduled time from market week to tour these specific two showrooms, there are also others I have invitations to, plus several showrooms I had toured for Las Vegas Market that I am looking forward to seeing for #HPMKT. Along with my two assigned showrooms to tour, Huntington House Furniture and John Richard Collection, plus many I'll see in my travels, here is a Showroom Shout-out List of 15 showrooms I am planning on seeing this Spring Market:

SHOWROOMS:




Global Views

Arteriors

Caracole

Gabby Decor 




20th Century by HKFA

Eastern Accents

Highland House

EJ Victor

Red Egg


Wesley Hall

Modern History


 

I've read (plus been warned!) that market can be very overwhelming, especially for a newbie! High Point Market is the largest furnishings industry trade show in the world, bringing more than 75,000 people to High Point every six months. Here are more of #HPMKT's current demographics:

HIGH POINT MARKET
180 Buildings
11.5 Million Square Feet of Showspace
75,000 Attendees Each Market
More Than 2000 Exhibitors
100+ Countries Represented
Tens of Thousands of New Product Introductions
Approximately 10% of Attendees Are International

 One of my maps I created to help orient myself with part of the market area.


There is so much to see and very little time to see it all. I've mapped out a few of the showrooms I'd like to see during Spring, leaving time and space in between to just naturally take in all I am going to see. I'm sure I'll go to many others come Fall. Along with mapping out the areas where showrooms are located - which can be either easy access free-standing showrooms such as Huntington House, or showrooms within a building - such as Bernhardt, which is located within a structure called IHFC, and contains six buildings in one, with the Bernhardt showroom being 85,000 sq. ft. alone - I've got to be prepared not only to do some SERIOUS walking, but also account for the time it takes to get from one showroom to the next. Here are the main buildings I plan to get to:
 
Hamilton - Wrenn District

Intern Hall 

IHFC

Antique & Design Center

Suites at Market Square


Along with touring the showrooms, there are also educational seminars, book signings, a designer showhouse, product launches. celebrity designer appearances, out-of-town traffic, seeing familiar faces & stopping to chat - plus weather conditions to contend with. The advice I've been given as a newbie to market is to plan and stay focused - which I can be pretty good at, let's see how I don't get too visually distracted by all the beauty, color, designs, and people. In the end, I think it's all about the adrenaline and all the shared excitement in the air - the energy and life the market plus the people will bring to town.

Two must see points of interest during market week: The Junior League of High point Designer Showhouse (you can read about by clicking here) and the Bienenstock Furniture Library, you can read in my previous post by clicking here.


I'm just so grateful to be back east to be able to be a part of it!!

Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for market highlights - plus also follow my #HPMKT 2015 board on Pinterest! 


1 comment:

  1. I always like your blog post because you always comes with different ideas and information. I always shared your site post with my friends. Keep posting and i will follow you.
    buy twitter tweets

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails