THRIFTY THURSDAY: BRASS TACTICS


Yesterday, the local Salvation Army was like a mall at Christmas! People... LOT'S of people with lots of stuff! My quest was to find a (cheap) simple low pedestal side table, to set next to our Barcelona chair. Although I didn't see that, I saw some other wonderful finds... and with a commonality: brass.


Remembering a tweet this week about a brass JFK bust form someone found in their local thrift shop, and mentioned they were on a brass kick, I snapped a few shots of the brass items I found at my local SA...

brass bamboo serving cart: $59

I'm not a fan of brass, although I really do like the lines of this cart. IF I were to have purchased, I'd have probably spray painted it yellow, turq, black or white.... and maybe even changed out the glass shelves for mirrored...

Already had picked these up for only $5 one other trip..
But sorry brass tweeter: I converted them to white:


Some other white with brass lighting I did see were these lamps

$14.99 matt glass with brass
and a pair of white glass and brass globe lamps


also only $14.99... but pair was not featured together
spotted other while walking around

Although not all brass, this plant stand had a brass edge
(sorry... forgot term of what it's called)


too pricey: $49.99

It must have been half off day! The since the place was more packed than usual with people, along with some purple "50% off" tags predominately placed on furniture.


Chevron-front two door petite buffet
Not brass but fair price:

50% off 59.99

And a white desk... looks like it came from a Florida motel
but it too had possibilities...

LOVED the chair!!

Could leave white and just freshen with new coat, change out drawer pulls (maybe crystal?) and add a sheet of glass over top with a collage (photos, postcards, or inspirations) under it.




But my overall FAVE find wasn't brass at all.... it was a streamlined, chrome and LUCITE bookcase, with white drawers for storage....


'Hello Luvah' (like SATC)

I'm praying it's still there because I was overwhelmed with that 'gut instinct' to purchase... and now am dealing with the remorse of "I shoulda bought it when I saw it". But this Jersey Girl's ideal find was this lovely little mug...


For fifty-cents... I couldn't resist!

Happy Thrifty Thursday!





8 comments:

  1. Great finds! I like the brass & glass tea cart, but you're right about the lucite and chrome bookcase. That is awesome. I hope it's still there when you go back! I hate it when I don't buy something when that gut instinct is nagging at me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam!
    I think I'm going to go checkout some other shops... dives... today. It was raining yesterday, so only got to this SA... and 'hopefully' the lucite number is still there (then it's meant2B!)

    Thanks for stopping by!
    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great finds! So glad I stumbled across your blog...so many incredible ideas!! Love the colors in the bedroom inspired by arroz con frijoles negro...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a pleasure to meet another Jersey Girl here in blogland. You have a great blog filled with lots of eye candy and inspiration. Glad to meet you!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda, It was so nice to see you on my blog today, and what a pleasant surprise!~ Looks like you had fun thrifting! We love to do that too.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanx Anita, Kim & Deb!
    Sad to report: Missed out on the bookcase =( but did score a great metal & blk leather tube chair and black LizC jacket for only $5 each!!

    Thanks for visiting Focal Point and
    Happy Thrifting to all!

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  7. The white lucite bookshelf is amazing. Was it there when you returned?


    Mr.Goodwill Hunting
    http://g-w-hunting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Mr. Goodwill Hunting!
    Unfortunately, I missed out on that find - someone else lucked out! Sad but did find a fab chair for only $5 at another T. Store...

    Thanks for visiting the FP!
    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails