THRIFTY THURSDAY


Back to the drawing board... although I'm venturing out today up to Ft. Lauderdale to check out some (new to me) thrift stores, I did stumble upon this artist delight at my local SA: an 1940's-50's Weber Co. easel.


(I believe SA still has a serious opportunity
to revamp their pricing!)
Same manufacturer & era for sale on e-bay for $499.95


WEBER INFO: For a century and a half, the name Weber has been synonymous with quality art materials. Established in 1853 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the Martin/F. Weber Co. is the oldest and one of the largest manufacturers of art materials in the United States. A significant number of patents for innovative art products were awarded to the company.



e-bay Weber drawing board & easel

Either above piece could be paired with this great amoire for storage
to create a wonderful Artist Studio...

2pc Amoire (cabinet & metal base $399.95)

For some more art and color inspiration,
found this framed print for only 9.99


Will Barnet was born in 1911 in Beverly, Massachusetts. Barnet knew by the age of ten he wanted to be an artist. As a student he studied with Philip Leslie Hale at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston and viewed first-hand John Singer Sargent at work on the murals of the Boston Public Library.
(I love researching the history of finds!!)

Looking forward to a new hunt today. Going to go check out Faith Farm and Decades up in Ft. Lauderdale ... both refer tweeted by
From Tweets to Treats... check out this site for elegant finds
from New York's Stan Williams

Stan Williams is the Elegant Thrifter and author of
The Find: The Housing Works Book of
Decorating with Thrift Shop Treasures,
Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Detail.


Read about more of Stan's fab finds from Sunday's

Sharing some blog love...
just three more days until Valentines.

3 comments:

  1. Aren't second hand shops the best? Thanks for the tip–elegant thrifter, going to check it out. Have a great weekend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that chair from "the find" ~ so elegant!

    P.S. I love your blog, but the black background makes it somewhat difficult to read...Have you ever considered changing it to white or another light color?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Girl Inspired! I never realized just how much THRIFT I live with until I started looking around here! And to think, it all started with buying $5 blazers back in the 90's!!

    Lovely Little Nest: Thank you!! My fav color I LIVE in is black... which is why I had originally chosen it for the background. I thought the white was too bland... I'd like a happy medium: grey. Since I just started in November, I can look into some other templates.

    Thanks for the feedback!! =) I greatly appreciate it!!
    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails