HOPPY SPRING BARGAIN BUNNIES

Hope you enjoyed a great project filled weekend, or just spent time with friends and family. Although I didn't work on any major projects over the weekend, I did attempt a few DIY's and crafts last week. One of which was refreshing some thrifted bunnies I found two weeks ago - at a bargain of only $3 each. Now I'm not all into decorating every surface for Easter, but these made a simple addition to my existing Spring vignette on my buffet at our entrance...



This simple add was only $9.


I've seen similar white bunnies priced at $10 each at HomeGoods to $39 at Pottery Barn.

POVERELLO THRIFT - Wilton Manors
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I spotted these hares mixed in with some other Easter goodies while checking our a (new to me) thrift shop up in Ft. Lauderdale. I felt like I had hit the Easter decor Lottery. I'm guessing a store must have donated their merchandise - more about that later - now, back to the bunnies...



Cute, but I left him there for another thrifter =)

He's so "hoppy"!!! =)

Minus the roses & bow and this bunny's got potential!


Brought them to their new home...

After cleaning them, took them outside to be primed & sprayed...


Priming helps even out the surface & existing colors
(so it doesn't fight the white)


So cute!

White satin spray gave a refreshed coat...


And I used a pillar holder to give height to the trio's composition.
 




The thrifted pedestal bowl (from back in Fall) did have green apples, which I switched out for some green grass (I found on clearance for $3 at West Elm after Christmas) and I added some simple dec eggs I picked up at HomeGoods back in February (pack of 16 hanging crackle eggs for $5)


The bunnies could also be painted in chocolate brown, heirloom white, or even with glitter - but I like the simplicity of the white...


A simple switch in chalk - from "A" to "O"...


Hoppy Spring & Thrifting!
Thanks for stopping by!



LINKING POST TO:









Post Share Update:
 Also now sharing post to HomeGoods Happy by Design board on Pinterest


Note: Although I've shared this post with HomeGoods and the Happy By Design project, all thoughts and opinions are of my own.

18 comments:

  1. $39 vs. spray paint? love this idea, they came out gorgeous! visiting from the DIY showoff.

    -caroline
    http://cwfrosting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with your hoppies, Lynda... they're so cute. I also love your vignetter for spring, you're very talented! I'm your new follower, hope you come over and visit. Now, I'm off to hop around the rest of your blog!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute :) can we start thinking spring is really here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lynda this is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!!! And thanking for hopping on over to this blogger - I mean bunny trail!

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful.. it is ever bit as pretty as Pottery Barn

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so pretty! I love me a can of spray paint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little bunnies are too cute! And you're right about the benefits of priming first. I often get impatient, but it's really a good idea to prepare for the paint. Your vignette is lovely. I'm so glad spring is finally here!!
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty! I would of never thought those were spray painted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I have passed up so many bunnies because they were too brilliant for me. Now there will be a run on bunnies, and none left on the shelves! LOL

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just a Poverello a few weeks ago. I bought a few large off white plates for a little girl tea party I plan to throw soon. What a small world.

    PS. love the bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My son lives in WILTON MANORS!!!! I just sent him this link to your blog and asked if he has been to this thrift store!!!! I love your bunnies and what you did. Your vignette is beautiful! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! I like the white bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous find and I love them all white. Beautiful vignette and the eggs are fabulous also. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute, Lynda! Everything is perfect and ready for spring! Love the painted bunnies (I did that too!) and your crackled eggs and "Hoppy Easter". Gorgeous!

    Thanks for linking up your thing for spring! I love seeing what you're up to!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are really cute! What a great find! I have been looking all over for bunnies like that but there don't seem to be any cheap enough for me to buy! Great job spray painting too! They look crisp and clean! And Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So good to see this again - it deserves a reappearance! Super cute and your styling skills get me every time. ::drool:: ;)
    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails