Although summer is nearing a close, there is still time to take advantage of entertaining with summer style! Having a bar cart stocked and ready can relax or liven up your summertime gathering. Rearranging existing accessories can help create a new mood for your entertaining space. Everyday white dishes mixed with HomeGoods goodness can create a stylish tablesetting to wow your guests. Here's a few style tips for your tablescape and bar cart...
(post originally shared at SUMMER COOL DOWN TABLESCAPE IN CRISP BLUE & WHITE)
6 Tablestyling Tips:
1. Shop your own home for your tablescape color story
2. En lieu of ice cubes, freeze berries to use as chillers.
3. Layer your tablescape + connect your guests using bands of table runners.
4. Personalize your tablescape with travel treasures.
5. Give a different look to everyday chairs repurposing pillow-cases as chair back slip covers.
6. Use everyday pieces in new ways. For example: a fabric shower curtain can add pattern as a table cover.
Savvy Styling on a Budget | Tablescape Details:
Blue chargers: Pottery Barn at HomeGoods for $4 2010
Indigo printed napkins: Pier 1 ($1.50 ea. 2008)
White & blue stripe bowls: Dollar store find 2010
Indigo dessert plate: Pier 1find on clearance 2009
Denim blue dessert plate: Macy's clearance 2007
Printed tablecover: (never used shower curtain) HomeGoods 2009
White linen runners: HomeGoods 2006
White Chair Covers: (actually pillowcases) HomeGoods 2007
Glass pillar holders: Ross $12 for both2009
Skinny starfish: bag of 15 from ZGallerie 2008
Red wine glass: (w/blueberries) HomeGoods 2006
White wine glasses: Linens & Things 2005
Metal tea-light stands: Walmart back in 2003
Bar carts are a versatile furniture piece to add to a home. I lucked out and scored mine at Goodwill for only $5! I've used it mine in multiple ways:
Bar Cart Use:
1. As open storage holding magazines and photos in our guest den
2. Shifted it outdoors as extra space for serving side dishes as well as an outdoor desk for my laptop
3. Styled for summer in our living room and ready to serve!
A great way to save while building your bar cart style is to shop for unique vintage finds from your local thrift store.
My thrift finds here are:
Meander print highball Glasses
Silver-Lined Martini Shaker & glasses
Glass pitcher with stirrer
More Summer Styling Details...
A No-Sew option to making your own summery window panels: Using clip-rings, casually hang tablecloths as window panels - The blue stripes on these linen cloths were just the touch of summer the living space needed...
The pitcher on the lower shelf is from HomeGoods and is great for making margaritas in. Collecting decorative bar bottles from thrift stores is a good way to keep your bar cart style clean vs having a lot of labels on display. Now it's just time to stock up and serve!
See more inspiration on Pinterest at:
Happy Summer Entertaining...
Thanks for stopping by!
Note: This post is sponsored by HomeGoods and the Happy By Design project. All thoughts and opinions are of my own.