PHOTOS FOR FRIDAY: FLORIDA'S WEST COAST & THE GULF

 



Although I am very much a City girl at heart, my heart is aching over the recent events in the Gulf. I find it so difficult to believe all of the creativity in Hollywood along with all the scientists and their theories, can not come up with a solution to the oil spill in the Gulf. To make matters worse, a company whose focus is on off-shore drilling, has not even one back up plan (I'd have had 3!!) in the event of an emergency such as this. Be that as it may, and continuing my resolve to "embrace the place where I'm at"... this weeks focus for Photos For Friday are shots I captured last May, during our wedding anniversary stay on Florida's West Coast (Naples, Sanibel & Marco Islands) ... Who knows - these may be some of the last known memories of how the Gulf once was. BTW - Haven't other Gulf areas (like NOLA) gone through enough with the last spill & storms...














photo by Jeff Davids








"Thanks BP!!
 I wasn't too fond of the white beaches or my feathers anyways!!"




Way to go BP... ever heard of
IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN

 

Maybe a DAWN could rise in the West?
(what a difference a year makes)


Our wedding Anniversary in the Keys in '08
We'll be married 3 years (but together for seven) next Thursday...

Have a wonderful weekend
and God bless all the Gulf Coasts...



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos Lynda! We are celebrating our 15 year next Thursday! Hey I am starting a new linky party you may be interested in, go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the oil spill in the Gulf is so tragic.
    Happy early Anniversary.....here's to many many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Debbie!! And how weird is this - our Anniversary seems to be on the SAME DATE as you!!
    Happy Anniversary to you and yours!

    Thanks for stopping by!!
    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails