CHRISTMAS WINDOWS

At this time of year, along with the flood of memories of Christmas past, I also can't help but to think of and miss - New York City. The hustle and bustle of the crowds, new fallen snow in Central Park, the skaters at on the rink at Rockefeller center and of course - the window displays. Retailers down here just don't get it. It seems as if even the chains that are both in NYC and Florida, do smaller scale installations, if even a window at all. These are some pics I have from Christmas window a few years back I shot while in the City during December. To me, they are creative, glamorous, charming, whimsical, theatrical and timeless... enJOY!











If you have some time today or this weekend, also pass by these other blogs
for images that will make you fee like you're walking the streets of New York for the holidays... About New York, Heather Clawson's posts
Christmas On The Upper East side plus Bergdorf Goodman's Holiday Windows 2010 at Habitually Chic and - also - Stan Williams of The Elegant Thrifter posted Holiday Window Window Shopping - The ABC's and More! as well as


Merry Christmas!





4 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! Did you see my window walk this week? I'm especially happy with my Barneys windows. Merry, merry to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS Stan!!! Thanks for telling me ~ I hadn't gotten to the "T's" yet in my blog rounds... =) I just added three of your posts w/linkbacks! LOVE them!!! Thanks for sharing....

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such glitz and glamour. Stores do tend to cater to their clients don't they. These displays are indeed candy for the eye.

    Merry Christmas!
    Jan @ BellaCasa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails