About My Southwest Sophistication roomboard entry @Olioboard's New Year - New Challenge!

Hope everyone's new year is off to a great start! With the clean slate, the new year ahead is full of promise and fresh ideas! One of those places to capture some of those ideas is at Olioboard.com. I've been seeing boards with concepts for office makeovers, tablescapes, client projects, and even upcoming events such as a wedding. And Olioboard has one of their challenges set up as a NEW YEAR - NEW LOOK Challenge! Although my board may be a little "off" from the description of  "Create a perfect look to inspire the trend of downsizing, minimal, stress free living", it's still a new look for me - so I decided to enter the challenge with Southwest Sophistication!


At Olioboard, there is more than one way to create your mood or room board style: I like to first collect the elements on one board (above), and then create a room from the elements on another (below). For framing and adding fonts, I simply save my images, and re-load them to Picnik to finish the style of my boards look.

NEW YEAR - NEW LOOK BOARD CHALLENGE ENTRY:
Southwest Sophistication
VOTE NOW!!

Since I'm in a new location, I wanted to conceptualize a refreshed look, more in tune of our new location in the southwest. Coincidentally, I'm also noticing it as a decor "Trend" that just might be making a comeback - The Southwestern look. But it's NOT the southwest look of the 80's where EVERYTHING in a room had a southwest motif (Thank God!! What were we thinking??). The updated version is simply layering in a southwest textile or two plus mixing in a southwest element to your already modern decor. Mix in one other element - also on trend - something rustic like the finish on a casegood or table. And you my friend have got yourself a revived look on an old trend - making it NEW again. Here's another board I created on Olioboard based on the same southwest style, but utilizing two other style trends: Gold (brass) and B&W stripes.


Southwest Chic

For this board, I tried a different application offered over on Olioboard - and I LOVE it!! You can PIN items from the Internet into your Olioboard library! For some of these items I used, I actually pinned them TO Olioboard FROM my Pinterest SOUTHWEST STYLE board. Since October, I've been pinning items from ponchos to pillows over on Pinterest, and now it was so easy to just refer back to my Pinterest board for a few items to add to the Southwest Chic board. If it sounds confusing, it's really not. Think of it this way: Source all your style info onto your Pinterest Board. When you're ready to create a room or mood board, use your Add to Olioboard browser button (while at Pinterest) to add select items to your Olioboard library (includes the link & you change the description). Then all your items for your look, makeover, event or client are all available listed below your board.


Coastal inspired - Artist Studio


Earlier this past year, I had the opportunity to participate in a week long blogger event over at Olioboard. It was interesting to see the different perspectives of the way people put their boards together. Their really is no right or wrong way to put your board together. Your board is reflective of your organizational style and your vision. If you'd like to read more about the week long Moodboard Blogger Challenge, you can read it here at: 



Coastal inspired - Painters Studio


Most recently, I was asked to participate in an interview about Olioboard - so stay tuned!! In the meantime, head over to Olioboard. Take a look around at the other boards, set up your profile (you can link up your blog, FB & Twitter), and start creating your libraries and boards! And while you're there, don't forget to vote at some of the challenges happening now.... Well specifically, please vote for my board!! THANKS!!
(click link below to head over to Olioboard - Click heart below board to cast your VOTE!)





Have you used Olioboard? What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!!








3 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda, Great blog post and thanks so much for the mention. You never disappoint with your moodboards. Stunning as always :) I hope the new year is good to you. You got my vote in the challenge. Good luck!

    P.S. Love the Southwest Chic look. The Andrew Martin Cadillac chair is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is new to me. I tried it and was amazed! This saves me tons of time on consultations. It is U.S. based, but is an easy way to show inspiration boards to clients. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving these boards darling, so much to get inspiration from. I am long over due to catch up on your site, I have my coffee in hand and sunshine beating down on my desk......thanks for the perfect morning. Happy New Year, Coryanne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails