Rental ReStyle: New Place - New Mix Gallery Style

Happy Monday! How was your first weekend of the new year? Did you try a new food? A new look? Or a new project? Or did you just sit back, relax, and take a deep breath now that the seasons holidays are all over? Sometimes time to STOP is just what ya need to recharge and get re-inspired. I've been wanting to put up some of the collections & photos I had up in our other place, but I wasn't feeling inspired. So to at least get a start on it, I cleared some space on the floor in the living room, and started playing around with some new arrangements...



Regardless of what a frame had in it, I first started trying out compositions...


When I found the right balance & mix, I measured to ensure the arrangement would fit into the planned space...


Since I don't have up any window panels, but planned on adding a few, I allowed space for the panel. (I like using chalk to make my markings on dark walls)


The arrangement just fit... Now for the other side and adding in the panels...


My assistant, sleeping on the job :)

From packing up in Florida...


It's challenging to imagine new arrangements in a new place for me - because I keep comparing it to what I had - but it can work. It's funny how all the pictures, prints, and photos were previously located in about 5 different rooms in the old place...now they are all coming together in the new place for a new look...


A collected mix from thrift, HomeGoods, PierOne and old visual properties...


Re-arranging them here into one space - but not just one blank wall... 
a wall with windows and working around them...



The other challenge is working with an actual "wall" behind the sofa vs. the soft-wall of curtain panels I had before. I couldn't do a gallery behind the sofa - but I did have them in the dining room and bedroom. Since I don't have a dining "room" here, I'm experimenting with an arrangement for behind the sofa... But I see I need to re-stock on paint to give a new finish to some of these frames...



In the meantime, the vertical arrangements are giving more emphasis to the height within this space. And mixing in the mirror + framed fabric with the B&W photos helped to give give interest to the new mix in our new place. At least the sides of the living room sofa wall are done, and the focal point is in progress :)



Thanks for stopping by!



5 comments:

  1. Just beautiful as always. You have a true gift of design and know how to make spaces beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. First off, LOVE how your arrangements came out, but we moved this past April, and I had the most difficult time hanging things throughout our house. It's slowly coming together, but somehow I always kept thinking back to how it was before (in our old space), instead of being able to come up with a new way in our new space. Yours looks beautiful! Love all the frames :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did finally sit and focus on a new laundry room for my self. So now that is down on paper and out of my brain I should be able to get it going before I gt too busy for the year.Gotta get over and vote that board is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta know the names of the colors that you have up on your living room walls, love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What did I do? I started cleaning out my closets. Whew. Felt good.


    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails