My Rewind: 2011

I can't say that the past year was a world win... But I can for sure say, the tail end of it had my head in a spin. I think selling and moving to a new place can do that to you. For even as much "put together" or how quickly this new space came together after the move, (SMH) it doesn't mean that my head has caught up with the process - until now. I guess that's what New Years Eve can do to you - it can make you stop and reflect...















But just because it wasn't a banner money making year, it doesn't mean I didn't continue to grow my skills, develop my style, and share with you what I've learned along the way. From tackling thrift transformations, refinishing existing finds, organizing space or a move, giving consultations for a new Miami office - a wardrobe restyle - and a lifestyle design for a Miami couple, renovating an 80's bedroom, teaming up with a fellow designer & friend Jose Vasquez for projects, new DIY projects featured such as styling gallery walls-creating a framed fabric focal point-budget pantry update, a bloggers tour of our home, creating seasonal changes or tablestyling on a budget... to attending design & photography events, attending the 10 Year 911 Anniversary, volunteering at Habitat for Humanity, and even having the chance to work with David Bromstad and the ColorSplash crew... it was still an amazing year to have experienced!! I know if I were still working in a brick and mortar establishment as I did for twenty five years, I wouldn't have had the chance to expand my experiences - so for that, I am grateful...











And so now what? A new year ahead. A clean slate to start on. A new location. A fresh perspective for new prospects, and hopefully some more teaming up with other designers in my new area. With the economy the way it is, I think we could all benefit from doing a little more teaming together to support one-anothers ideas, concepts and ways of executing tasks vs. competing against one another. Even some old dogs could learn a few new tricks, and what was once a weakness for one could convert to a strength for the other!



Do I have my resolutions all made out this year? Nope. Do I have my year or months ahead scheduled with design projects, design events or volunteer projects? Nope - not yet. Do I have some ideas on things I'd like to change and projects I'd like to tackle? Yup - you betcha! And now that the dust has settled on our cross-country move, holiday has been taken down, and this month we'll close on the short-sale of our FL townhome - I can focus on what all those new plans will be... So stay tuned and also stay connected with my new email at:

nyclqd@yahoo.com
(tried gmail - don't like it!)

Plus: keep joining me on Pinterest and my new journey here in Arizona!


Happy NEW Year to friends, 
new acquaintances, and new members to join the site!

Thanks for stopping by!






1 comment:

  1. Lynda, what a great look back at all you experienced and accomplished in 2011. Like you, 2011 was a year of change for me, change that is allowing me to look at 2012 with the knowledge that the best is yet to come. I've enjoyed following your blog and pinterest boards and look forward to all that you have in store for 2012. May we both expeience abundant love, success, fulfillment, joy and the building of a blog friendship in 2012.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails