2011 OSCAR GOWN COLORBLOCKS

It's amazing to me just how much energy people spend on complaining - through tweets & comments - yet without a solution of how to make things better. Many people are so incredibly judgemental, without even walking in someone elses shoes - or are quick to find fault and place blame. Unfortunately so much of these 'high school-like' antics occurred during the Oscars. Of course there is room for improvement - don't we ALL have that? But geez - take a moment to see the good, find some beauty and pay respectable compliments and recognition to something instead of being so damn negative! Isn't there ENOUGH negativity in the world right now? Why the hell must people add to it? Ok - 'nough said... Here are some of the gorgeous gowns and strong color stories I noticed while watching the 2011 Oscars...

I LOVE black - so these were probably my faves







LOVE Heidi Klum's Smoke & Mirrors gown!

Not necessarily faves - but pretty colors.



Most images sourced from Just Jared, Google images and Getty images.
The color-blocked collages I made through Picnik.com.
Below are Anne Hathaway's gowns - Styled by Rachel Zoe and
associate stylist for the event - Jill Lincoln. You can read more about the designers at
PopWatch on EW.com and I'm sure PLENTY of other sites and blogs today.




We all have choices to make - choose to be more positive than negative
and BE the change you want to see in the world and enJOY life!

No matter what people say - most of the ladies looked beautiful - and if the fashions were a bit underwhelming for you - take it as a sign of the times.

Now... to open a can of worms:
Did you watch the show? Which dress was your fave?
Did you watch to see the gowns? the entertainment? or just to see who won?
I watched to see the gowns, hair, style, color trends and who won - which
I'm VERY happy - INCEPTION won several awards!! =)

Have a wonderful week and HAPPY Monday!


1 comment:

  1. I watched the whole show - for the fashion and the awards. I thought it was a great show - really great. I thought Anne Hathaway did an outstanding job! I thought (mostly) the gowns were very beautiful - tasteful, classy, elegant - and a bit of 'old glamor'. I know its not getting great reviews - but I actually think it was the best its been in many years!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails